School board approves facility upgrades
A half dozen improvements to the Osakis Public Schools facility were approved by the School Board at its Monday, Sept. 10 regular meeting, totaling $47,724.
• UTV and/or groomer for the grounds to replace the 1988 equipment at a cost of $15,000.
• Converting lights in the elementary gym to LED lights, resulting in better lighting and cheaper costs. Lighting in a portion of the building is being replaced each year.
• Basketball hoop pulleys and motors in the old and elementary gyms, total cost of $8,000, to update and to address safety issues.
• Bleachers in the gyms, cost of $2,500, to address safety issues. Handrails will be included for safety.
• Subflooring in the old wrestling room will be replaced at a cost of $1,500. This is in advance of installing new wrestling mats, and will help control water and condensation.
• Folding chairs and dolly, cost of $1,740, to be used for tournaments and events, and save time.
These improvements are included on a list of necessary upgrades which will include in the future Johnson Controls custodial panels and fire custodial panels, at $10,000 each; tuckpointing in the fitness and west side SPED rooms with issues because of weather conditions.
A new Bobcat for grounds maintenance at a cost of $55,000 less $8,000 trade-in was approved earlier this spring.